The Collaborative project is funded by the European Commission’s 7th Framework Information Society and Media, Information and Communication Technologies within the framework of the Specific Programme "Cooperation".
The goal is to contribute to the Future Internet (FI) by aiming at the development of five innovation eco-systems. These eco-systems facilitate the creation of a large variety of pilot services and technologies that contribute to optimized supply and access to services and resources in urban areas. This will contribute to more sustainable utility provision and, through increased efficiency, lower strain on resources and on the environment. Reaching this goal requires the whole value chain, namely city authorities, utilities operators, ICT companies as well as knowledge institutions in order to have an industry driven approach when developing advanced services and technologies. OTSMART services and technologies will be based on an open and standardized infrastructure as envisioned by the FI private Public Partnership (FI PPP) and provided by a service framework designed to facilitate provisioning, development and access.
To this extend, OUTSMART will:
- deliver a set of detailed functional and no-functional requirements for an FI enabler platform and corresponding business framework able to support the above described eco-systems
- provide a specification of the domain specific enabler functionality with corresponding service interfaces compatible and aligned with Core Platform components to be specified alongside this project effort
- provide a realization of prototypes of domain specific functionality for the envisioned eco-system and a validation thereof in early field trials in the envisioned use cases
- deliver a business framework specification with serves as blue print for the foreseen local eco-systems able to provide their sustainability beyond the PPP funding lifetime by creating favourable conditions for local investment and innovation
- deliver a detailed plan for pilot services in the envisioned local eco-systems, which act as initial light house show case for Europe in the utility and environment applications domain.
Project duration: 01.04.2011 - 31.03.2013.