The University of Luxembourg has the following three vacancies at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) within the Networking Research Group (SECAN-Lab) headed by Prof. Dr. Thomas Engel:
Research Associates / PostDocs (m/f) in Security and Privacy in Network Communication
SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU H2020 and the European Space Agency. The Centre is currently expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated Research Associates / PostDocs who wish to pursue applied oriented research in close cooperation with our partners.
We seek highly skilled PostDocs to work on topics in the domain of computer science with strong focus on security and privacy in distributed systems and network communication, especially on SCADA security, cybersecurity, and vehicular communication.
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Design, implement and evaluate algorithms for secure and privacy-friendly communication
- Setup lab demonstrations and proof-of-concepts
- Assist in the integration and validation of new algorithms
- Liaise with industrial partners and participate in knowledge transfer
- Coordinate research projects and deliver outputs
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- PhD (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (C++, Java, etc.) and scripting language (Perl, Python, etc).
- Basic Linux/Unix skills.
- Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, statistics and results visualization concepts is of advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of English; German and/or French is of advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The University of Luxembourg offers a two year employment that may be extended up to five years.
- The University of Luxembourg offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
- A scientifically stimulating, innovative, dynamic, well-equipped, and international working environment.
- The opportunity to participate in the development of the recently created centre and to work with our world-wide academic partners.
- Travel opportunities for training, conferences, and meeting with our collaborators.
- Administrative support for project and office related matters.
Applications written in English or German should include:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- A motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests.
- Copies of PhD and Master’s degree or equivalent certificates.
- List of Publications.
- Name and contact information of at least two referees.
Please direct your application by postal mail to
Please note that we will neither accept nor reply to applications sent via e-mail.